Head Volleyball Coach
Job No: 502510
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation, Other
Status: Full Time
To administer a Division I program in the sport of Women’s Volleyball consistent with the policies of Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American Conference).
The Head Volleyball Coach will be responsible for facilitating the academic, athletic, and overall growth of every volleyball student-athlete. Additionally, this individual, will work closely with the Volleyball Sport Administrator and Athletic Director, to continually assess and elevate
the program's status in the areas of academics, recruiting, budget tracking and reporting, equipment ordering, marketing/public relations, sports medicine, strength and conditioning, departmental compliance, alumnae engagement, facility management.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities involved with a Division I volleyball program.
- Develop and monitor the academic progress of students through graduation rates and APR scores.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes of character who can developmentally thrive at Miami University.
- Conduct the volleyball program in accordance with all NCAA rules, including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice seasons, monitoring eligibility of student-athletes in the program, and assisting in the education of student-athletes about NCAA rules.
- Plan and administer all practice and game related activities.
- Hire and supervise full-time assistant coaches and support staff
- Develop, track, manage and be fiscally responsible for the sport budget.
- Purchase and coordinate sport equipment along with assigned Equipment Manager.
- Work with strength and conditioning staff to develop a program suitable for student-athletes.
- Work alongside the Wellness Services personnel to ensure the physical and mental health and safety of all student-athletes is of utmost importance
- Process financial aid recommendations as appropriate for the volleyball program.
- Monitor the admission process for incoming student-athletes with the Office of Admissions.
- Represent the volleyball program to outside constituencies (media, civic groups, donor functions, campus departments, student groups, etc…)
- Participate in departmental activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled required meetings.
- Assist in the identification of career outreach opportunities for student-athletes.
- Engage the Miami Volleyball alumnae across the country through a systematic stewardship process along with the help of the Sports Administrator and University Advancement Office.
- Participate in activities as requested by Miami Athletics Development Office
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in coaching at a Division I level or with Division I collegiate playing experience
- Master's Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and policies
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 03 Nov 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.