Sr. Associate Athletic Director-External Operations
Job no: 501232
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
To assist the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics in the administration and operation of the athletic department in ways consistent with the policies of Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e., Mid-American Conference, NCHC, USFSA). This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Administration and operational support of sports assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Serves on the senior administrative staff of the Department of Athletics.
- Oversee/manage various unit leaders within Athletics in external areas; including ticket sales, licensing, marketing, broadcasting, athletic communications, game/event management; and oversight of multi-media rights.
- Reinforces and positively supports the Mission and Vision of Graduating Champions, as well as that of Miami University, with integrity and in compliance with all NCAA, conference and University rules, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the execution of the strategic plan to enhance ICA.
- Works with departments across campus as necessary for Athletics, including serving on various campus-wide committees.
- Develop specific strategies to enhance all ICA.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three+ years of experience in athletics or comparable work in a sports related field.
- Master’s Degree in Sports Administration or related field and/or five+ years of experience in athletics or comparable work in sports related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and promote an inclusive work environment
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 10 Jan 2023 Eastern Standard Time