Dir of Staff Engagement
Job no: 499264
Department: Housing Dining Recreation & Business Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Career Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Dir of Staff Engagement
Salary/Grade: $55,000 - $65,000
Hours Per Week: 40
The position is responsible for developing, coordinating and delivering training for staff to ensure proper sanitation practices, and assists with all staff development efforts in the department, including design and facilitation of new training and development programs. Ensures that student staff are trained in sanitation practices. Reports to Senior Director of Food & Beverage
• Oversees and coordinates the department’s job enrichment programs. Works individually with staff members to assist them with their progress through course work and requirements. Encourages participation in self-improvement, GED, and technical skills training programs within department guidelines.
• Develops, plans, organizes and facilitates new training programs; including front line supervisory and leadership programming.
• Schedules, conducts training sessions and testing of the ServSafe certification program for all new food service staff and recertification for all food service staff. ServSafe training is required for all food service staff in Campus Services.
• Works cooperatively with managers to ensure that student staff learning objectives are met from the Student Learning Partnership Program.
• Oversees the food & beverage trainers
• Documents and prepares reports on all departmental training practices and policies with regard to safety and sanitation.
• Conducts safety and compliance training as needed for all departmental staff.
• Gives support to other facilitators as needed with materials and preparation for classes.
• Assists with central coordination of Campus Services staff to cover vacation requests and summer operations.
• Assists in continuous development and facilitation of the new staff orientation program.
• Works with facilitators (both on and off-campus representatives) to ensure they are prepared for their session.
• Answers management and staff questions related to training and staff development.
• Investigates and resolves issues related to questions in the training and development area.
• Procures educational materials (books, videos, CD’s) to assist staff in their development.
• Records and tracks training of all Campus Services units, and produces quarterly reports.
• Creates, distributes and writes summary reports on annual Campus Services staff survey.
• Other duties assigned as needed
Bachelor’s degree; current ServSafe trainer certification; experience in food service operations and thorough knowledge of sanitation practices. Certification as ServSafe instructor. At least two years of experience developing learning curriculums and proven ability to present information effectively. Must have effective interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, and strong customer service skills. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be effective in interacting with a diverse population.
Experience working in a university environment. Strong problem solving and computer skills are necessary.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 07 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time