CSO soloists shine in all-American joyride
Join the CSO online for the FREE digital stream of Cerrone Brass Premiere & Ellington FRI APR 30 at 7:30 pm. Streaming FREE for 24 hours and then available to purchase for $15 to watch on demand whenever you choose. For more info on our digital concerts visit cincinnatisymphony.org/live.
- Louis Langrée leads the CSO in a world premiere CSO co-commission from composer Christopher Cerrone and works by Gabriella Smith, Aaron Copland and Duke Ellington.
- The name for Gabriella Smith’s Carrot Revolution is taken from a quote attributed to Paul Cézanne. Acting Associate Concertmaster Charles Morey tells us all about it and demonstrates some tricky passages from the piece. Watch now.
- "Fascinating rhythms mark CSO premieres of new American works." Read Janelle Gelfand's Cincinnati Business Courier review of the in-person concert.
What audiences are saying:
- "It was one of the most creative symphonies with the younger composers. I loved the CSO soloists."
- "All four pieces were amazing. It was a wonderful, fresh, innovative selection of music from the orchestra. I loved the variety of sounds from the strings in Carrot Revolution and from the brass in A Body, Moving. Copland is always full of wonderful imagery, and Ellington was just plain fun."
- "A world premiere that I'm still thinking about."
How to Watch
- Stream the performance at cincinnatisymphony.org/live
- Or stream via our Facebook page or YouTube channel
- Check out our digital program with info about the pieces and the performance.
CERRONE BRASS PREMIERE & ELLINGTON
Streaming FREE for 24 hours FRI APR 30 | 7:30 pm
Captured live APR 9-11, 2021 at Music Hall
Louis Langrée, conductor
Christopher Pell, clarinet
Robert Sullivan, trumpet
Christopher Olka, tuba
GABRIELLA SMITH: Carrot Revolution
CHRISTOPHER CERRONE: A Body, Moving [CSO Commission, World Premiere]
AARON COPLAND: Concerto for Clarinet
DUKE ELLINGTON: Night Creature