Ohio Department of Health Issues Updated Health Orders
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 23, 2021
Dan Tierney: 614-644-0957
Breann Almos: 614-799-6480
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Governor DeWine announced today that Ohio Department of Health Director Stephanie McCloud has signed the following orders:
- Director’s Amended Order to Permit Access to Ohio’s Nursing Homes, with Exceptions
- Director’s Amended Order to Permit Access to Ohio’s Residential Care Facilities, with Exceptions
- Director’s Amended Order for the Testing of the Residents and Staff of all Residential Care Facilities
- Director’s Amended Order for the Testing of the Residents and Staff of all Nursing Homes
- Ohio is requiring that visitation be permitted whenever safety protocols can be met. Previously, visitation was permitted, not required.
- Vaccinated residents may have physical touch with their visitor while wearing a mask. Previously, touch was discouraged.
- Visits may occur in a resident’s private room, as opposed to the previous requirement of a separate visitation area.
- 30 minutes should serve as the minimum amount of time for a visit. Previously, 30 minutes was the maximum time to visit.
In addition, the order updates nursing home and assisted living testing requirements to require the facilities to test vaccinated staff once per week and unvaccinated staff twice per week. The previous order made no distinction between vaccinated or unvaccinated staff.