Help spread the word about 1940s Day!
1940s Day has been officially shared with the public, so I wanted to send all of you a digital flyer about the event. Please help us spread the word about this fantastically fun, time-transporting, one-day event!
Check out this every growing fantastic list of activities for the day:
The 1940s Featured Vendors & Organizations
- American Chemical Society
- Casablanca Vintage
- Cincinnati Hamilton County Public Library
- Greater Cincinnati Chapter Tuskegee Airmen
- Maria Eckhoff, author of I’m Doing in Fine. Don’t Forget to Write!
- Kinetic Vision
- TriState Warbirds Museum
- Urbanist Media
- Vintage cars & jeeps (weather dependent)
- Ezzard Charles Trivia
- Victory Garden Posters
- Kenner Toys
- Vintage Newsreels
- Ration sampling, featuring SPAM and Jell-O
- Broadcast for the Past Stage Show
- Daniel Bennett & The Dirty Shirley
- Dolores Raye Sings
- Jazz Renaissance
- Allen Howey
- Queen City Sisters
- Cedric Michael Cox, artist
- LaVerne Summerlin, author of Gems of Cincinnati’s West End: Black Children and Catholic Missionaries 1940-1970
- Al Miller, 99-year-old Holocaust Survivor
And let’s not forget everyone's favorite: the 1940s Day Costume Contest!