Regional COVID-19 Update
Back again this week as all indicators continue to trend in the wrong direction in our region. The number of patients in hospital beds and ICU beds is on an upward trajectory, the highest point since March.
- 11% of hospitalized patients are COVID positive (7-day moving average)
- 31% of COVID-positive patients are in ICU (7 day moving average)
- Incidence of 24 new cases per 100,000 people per day in Hamilton; 31 new cases per 100,000 in the 14-county region
- Hamilton County’s R is 1.02; 14-county region is 1.09
- 9.3% of tests returned positive in the 14-county region
We are continuing to experience an uptick in testing across all sites. Our testing teams are onboarding new and spinning up paused sites, and exploring testing in low vaccination zip codes/census tracts. We have been seeing an increase of positive cases in those who claim to be fully vaccinated so please continue to communicate that testing is our best tool in mitigating this virus. Statewide data suggest that delta is the predominant strain in Ohio.